Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BETCHA ‘TIS HAIR RAISING!! :-))

Poor you! You do not notice exciting things like I do!! I have inculcated this wondrous habit of noticing precious things like “hair”!!! Now, now!! There is no need to turn up your nose.

I see beautiful straight hair, sexy curly hair, elegant wavy hair, exciting frizzy hair, long hair, short hair, manageable hair, unmanageable hair, plaited hair, coiled hair, clipped hair, bobbed hair, cropped hair, styled hair, unkempt hair, coloured hair, streaked hair, salt and pepper hair, grey hair…..exhausting, but it is all about wearing or not wearing hair!!!

Instead of gazing at all the beautiful things around me, I have been gazing longingly at “hair” if you please! I am almost an authority on hair now, and have enough research jotted in my mind to write a voluminous book titled “THE LONG AND SHORT OF HAIR”!

Beauty parlors at every turn of the road beckon us. Thick eyebrows are so unacceptable, and need to be threaded to the perfect arc. If a miniscule strand of hair on the upper lip or the chin is spotted, it is imperative to uproot it. Little strands of body hair? Oh, how disgusting! For Heaven’s sake, rush to get them waxed!! When women have facial hair, it is unelegant. When men have facial hair, it is macho.

We are almost never happy with our lot. When women have straight hair, they wish for a curly top and labor tirelessly to achieve it. On the other hand those with a curly nest get their hair ironed and whatever else to straighten it. Men who want to make a style statement sport long hair. While another lot of the same sex thinks that, that looks unkempt and dirty. They much prefer the close cropped clean George Clooney look.

Samson lost his strength when Delilah chopped off his hair. When Eve was seducing Adam, she fluttered her eyelashes and flicked her curls and thus taught women the art of seducing. Men often pat their mops when they want to impress the she-devil. As I gaze around me, I realize that hair talks. It speaks volumes about a person’s psyche.

Just be careful with your hair, you poor dear souls!! Remember it talks!! You worry for me? No, there is absolutely no need just yet. You see, I have miniscule eyelashes struggling to sprout out, thin eyebrows coyly revealing themselves and a salt and pepper fungus gently covering my pate which cannot even whisper. Steeped in this hair raising insight I am still patiently waiting for a vociferous growth!! I promise to keep you posted as soon as it twitters!! :-)))

4 comments:

  1. You are so right about us never being happy with the hair God has blessed us with, I have always hated my curly hair.
    Once the fungus starts sprouting grass and weeds, don't forget to have a bonfire for the scarves, hats and ofcourse the wig, Simba will surely yelp with glee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea dear Ena!!! How i would love to light the bonfire and dance around it with Simba!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didi,you have done a lot of research on HAIR.I am sure that now that your hair has started growing back,you will start looking like your old self.Though in the scarf you looked chic and fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mithu! Think I should give the ramp models a run for their money?:-))

    ReplyDelete