Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A WORLD FULL OF ANGELS

I have a host of angels around me. My Creator knew that I needed them desperately and He decided to be generous.

Pradipta, my husband is my very best friend. He is a pillar of strength and is with me every moment. He, and the children, Diya and Tisham live with me through my highs and lows, through my happy moments and my grouchy state. They have such patience!

My mum worries about me a lot. My brother and my sister keep a brave face but I know that they are very anxious too. They ring me up every day! Pradipta’s parents, his cousins, my cousins, in fact both our families shower so much love and concern. I keep wondering if I really deserve all of it!

My friends, Madhu, Soma, Dipadi and her husband were continuously with Pradipta when I was undergoing surgery. Their very presence made such a difference to him! Madhu and Soma are two very special friends.

Then there are my dear friends Mahua, Manisha and Meena who taught me to chant "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo". Each day that I feel low, I turn to Mahua. Her unceasing and encouraging messages never fail to renew my courage. She is so amazing!

Meena is my beautiful friend at VLCC. She would not let me pay for going bald and chants for me everyday no matter how tired she is. Then there is Farukh, my favourite hair stylist at VLCC. He was happy to cut my hair short but his eyes moistened when he was to shave my head a fortnight later. He did not even accept a tip! I was so humbled by his sensitivity!

My very dear friend Nita, practices Reiki and is a disciple of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Every time I struggle, I am certain there are blessings coming my way from her. No matter how busy she is, she finds time to speak to me almost every day!

Sangeeta Goel and Renu Gulati are perfect gems! Sangeeta types out jokes for me every morning to ensure that I laugh when I begin my day! Lena, Sumita, Sunanda, Ena, Godavari, Rechenda and Rakhee are such dear friends and so very caring!

There are my school friends whom I have known since the age of six! They would not let me sink. Mudita says I cannot sink when there are so many floats around! There is Prabha, Mudita, Anjali, Sonia, Jasho and a host of others. Ritu, Nisha and Nita are with me whenever I need them. They make me laugh. It gives me such pleasure to be with them!

Dear Mrs Reinu Nagarkar, my Head Mistress at DPS RK Puram enquires after me every single day. Inspite of her busy schedule, she always finds time! There are my other colleagues and friends like Jyoti Bakshi, Rewa, Prema, Suman and Laxmi. I am certain that I do not deserve the immense love that they all send me!

My neighbors Suniti Agha, Rewathi , Nandini Gulati and Subroto and Sharmila Majumdar are terrific people. Nandini heads a spiritual group and reached out to me when I was struggling. Subroto and Sharmila began chanting for me! They are all there for me all the time.

This morning, as I read a warm message from my dear student Sanya, I wondered why God created a world full of angels. I feel a warm glow as I look around and see my family and friends. I am so humbled by their love and I know I cannot sink. I must swim!

7 comments:

  1. Hi didi,of course you cannot sink!God is great because He created this wonderful world.I know ,you had learnt to swim long time ago,so the question of sinking does not arise.You have nearly reached!One more chemotherapy to go.The angels are there to hold our hands,we have to find them among family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mithu!! I have learnt that no matter what we must swim. Also , the number of angels in this world far out number the devils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing ! Sarbari, you're an angel yourself because an angel recognises, realises and appreciates these little acts of kindness. The Almighty is sending his blessings to you through your angels and your positive and brave attitude will surely help you fight through the biggest storms of life specially when you have all of us praying for you everyday. Love you sweetheart. Lots of hugs. Praying for you everyday. Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep fighting girl...you are beautiful inside and out...lots of love and hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarbari Ma'am,for the TEN MILLIONTH time NOW!
    "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
    That's all i want to say...people don't love you cause they are angels..people love you coz YOU deserve to be loved and coz YOU are an angel!!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everybody! thanx a ton! Sanya, you are terrific! God bless you! May God bless every student that I have ever taught!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm very lucky I met u yesterday....:)

    ReplyDelete